- 1 1/3 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon Kosher salt
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 1/2 teaspoons coffee powder (or you could choose to use espresso powder)
- 1/2 cup hot water
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup whole milk, plain yogurt, or sour cream
- 1/4 pound (1 stick) unsalted butter, at room temperature
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 egg
- Preheat the oven to 375 degrees F. Then line 18 muffin cups with paper baking cups or you could use a cupcake pan.
- Put the flour, cocoa powder, baking powder, baking soda, salt, and cinnamon in a large bowl and mix thoroughly.
- Dissolve the coffee powder in a small bowl with water. Then add vanilla and milk. Stir until fully mixed.
- Put the butter and sugar in a mixer bowl and beat until the mixture becomes light and fluffy. Then add the egg and beat well. Add half of the flour mixture and beat well. Next, add the coffee mixture and the remaining flour then mix well.
- Fill each muffin cup with the batter mixture till 2/3 full. Bake for 20 minutes then set aside to cool.